Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Listed on Google

I am now listed under 'Hysterectomy Lies' in the google search engine. I hope women (and men) who are dealing with the aftermath of this unnecessary surgery will find my blog and share their stories, thoughts, whatever...

As I write this post, I am on FMLA from work due to the many issues brought about by this surgery. I have no income right now and will lose my insurance. It is still so hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that doctors are harming women (over 600,000) yearly in the U.S. and they are doing it for money (GREED).

Greed is a monster. I remember buying a video years ago for my oldest son entitled "The Greed Monster". Greed really is a monster. If I ever had any doubts about that, I no longer do. I don't know how doctors who "gut" women for no reason live with themselves. I really don't.

3 comments:

  1. Have you contacted the HERS Foundation? If not, you'll find verification of your experiences at http://hersfoundation.org/. If you're interested in theater, HERS produced a play about the physical, political, economic, and social impact of hysterectomy, called "un becoimng," by Rick Schweikert. Click on "teleplay" on the HERS website. Also, Nora W. Coffey and Rick Schweikert are releasing a new book called THE H WORD: what gynecology doesn't want you to know about 100 years of hysterectomy and female castration in America. Click on "book" on the HERS website. All the best, HERS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the information. I did find the HERS sight within a few months of my surgery. I was horrified to learn that my symptoms were not only common after hysterectomy and "castration" but could be expected. It still takes my breath away to realize that doctors know full well what they are doing to women when they amputate female organs and yet; they continue to do it anyway and all for profit.

    I did order the play and view it. I thought it was well done and sent it to my son to view. He is a playwright in NY and is interested in helping to stop the butchering of women in the U.S. via hysterectomy and castration. He is not one to get involved in many social "causes" but even he says that this is a cause that must be addressed and not set aside on a shelf somewhere. He has seen first-hand the trauma this surgery inflicts. He wrote about my story actually. I should have him post it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete