Thursday, March 4, 2010

Spiritual Aspect of Hysterectomy

I've been thinking a lot about the spiritual implications of hysterectomy/castration over the past few weeks. For some reason, it was not until recently that I began to see that there are indeed spiritual implications. It seems that the church almost embraces hysterectomy as some rite of passage for women, but anybody would be hard pressed to locate anything indicating that this is the case in the Bible. The Bible never makes mention of amputating a women's organs once she is through or thinks she is through having children. In fact, the Bible never makes mention of removing the female organs for any reason.

The female organs have many purposes; one of which is child-bearing. Producing children is important no doubt but women need their organs throughout their lifetime for health reasons such as heart protection, bone protection, brain function, protection against loss of vision, loss of memory, the ability to sleep and remain sexual, etc. etc.

God's whole purpose in creating mankind was for man and woman to become one flesh and to produce. I find it rather odd that the church vehemently strikes out against abortion and yet sees nothing wrong with hysterectomy since hysterectomy ends forever the possibility to produce and in many cases the possiblity to become one flesh again.

In my opinion and this is just my opinion; abortion is not nearly as destructive to God's creation as is hysterectomy. After abortion, a woman can still produce a baby. The woman who has had an abortion remains a woman 'intact'. Not so with hysterectomy. After hysterectomy, a woman can no longer produce children as God intended or function as a woman as God intended. I'm not saying that I necessarily agree with abortion, but I am completely and utterly against hysterectomy except in the few cases where it may be medically necessary.

Doctors are literally playing God by deciding which woman should be allowed to have children and how many and which women should not have children at all. God is the giver and taker of life. He and He alone decides these things. If my memory serves me correctly, Sarah had a baby at 90 yrs of age. Most doctors today would have laughed her out of their office at the sheer mention of having a baby at her age. Yet, God had a plan for Sarah. God may have lots of plans for producing his seed; yet Satan is putting a stop to it via hysterectomy.

Therein lies the true issue. God and only God knows the 'end' of our story or life. We don't and certainly doctors don't. (Remember Job went on to have another ten children after his first ten died and these children were godly in character; unlike the first set of children). I see hysterectomy and castration as one of Satan's biggest plots against God and mankind since the very beginning of time. I have met women who had hysterectomies before they even had a chance to marry and have children. Satan moved in via some greedy doctor and stopped God's potential seed from coming forth from that person for all time. It is my personal opinion that these doctors will answer to Almighty God for what they have done. They will pay a heavy price.

Hysterectomy is a transgression against women; a violation against them. It is the 'Ultimate Rape'. This surgery opens the 'door' for so many bad things to enter into a women's life, heart, soul and mind. Hysterectomy is a spiritual battle that I believe God himself has taken up with the devil. Many marriages have been torn apart by the devastating sexual consequences among other things like the endless numbers of physical and mental health issues that result from hysterectomy. Children are affected by the surgery and society as a whole is paying a high price for the money-making machine called hysterectomy.

Hopefully, this is something we will see end in our lifetimes. The next generation of women, children, men and society as a whole deserve better. The only way for evil to continue (and make no mistake that hysterectomy is evil) is for good men to do nothing.

5 comments:

  1. Yes that is also an option but there are other options as well such as Laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy (LSH) may be the surgical solution for many women who suffer from small to medium fibroids, adenomyosis, abnormal bleeding or endometriosis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, even though I refused any surgery, I was drugged, castrated and gutted. After I was knocked out, the hospital nurse obtained a signature from my mother on the consent I refused to sign before being knocked out via my IV. My mother, of course, had no legal authority to constent. As it turns out, I have recently learned that the hospital did not even perform the surgery they said they did; the surgery listed on the consent. That surgery was actually for a Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy which would have left my cervix intact, provided pelvic support and maintained at least some sexual response. I would not be ok (especially since they removed my ovaries) but I would be better off with my cervix than without it. The pathology report confirms that all of my female organs were perfectly healthy and functional. What happened to me was criminal. It was done for the purpose of greed and power; not for any medical reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hysterectomy (no matter which type) is not reversible. It is not a routine surgery as most doctors will tell you it is. It is anything but routine. Hysterectomy is removal of the uterus and may also be removal of the cervix or not. Removal of your ovaries may be recommended by your doctor at the time of hysterectomy as well. Removal of your ovaries is "castration". Rarely is hysterectomy a 'necessary' surgery. It is called an 'elective' surgery for a reason. It has been estimated that only approximately 10% of hysterectomies are medically indicated. There are many alternatives to the issues that prompt doctors to recommend hysterectomy. For more information on alternatives, please visit my web site. The link for my site is posted in "Welcome to my Bog on Hysterectomy: This is my Story."

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am 34 years old. I am a virgin and "never" will be ashamed of it no matter what. I had a recent appointment with a new doctor and she suggested a hysterectomy because of my anemia. What kind of mess is that? I have never been asked that before, why now? I have also been asked to donate eggs. No thank you!!! Every human should keep his or her own body parts inside and out! My eggs do not belong to another woman, and I do not want another woman's eggs either.

    I do not support abortion, birth control, organ doning, and fornication and anything else that is ungodly.

    There are no " health benefits" to fornication. Get over it!!!

    Psalm 23

    ReplyDelete