Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Thoughts Provoked by Watching "The View" This Week

While watching "The View" this week, there was discussion among the women and their guest in regard to what should be done to sexual predators; men who rape and kill children and women. The conclusion was that they should be "castrated" for their crimes and thereby kill the desire to continue with sexually oriented crimes. In other words, they should be de-sexed as it were.

This hit me like a ton of bricks. When the women on "The View" said that these 'criminals' should be castrated, I thought about how I had been castrated. I committed no crime against anyone and yet I was knocked out against my will and without my consent, strapped down to table and all six of my healthy female organs removed. I was hysterectomized and castrated all at once. It takes my breath away when I think about this and the life-long implications for me and those who love me.

I felt the room spin and thought I would crumble to the floor just thinking about the fact that I'm walking around 'castrated'; castrated like a criminal - a 'sex' offender.

I began thinking about how unjust it is that I had to seek out an attorney to take legal action for me in the civil court system. My case does not belong in any 'civil' system. It belongs in the criminal justice system. Nothing my doctor did to me was civil. It was criminal in every sense of the word; criminal from beginning to end.

The only reason my ex-doctor is not in jail for 'stealing' my organs is because he is a doctor. Somehow, society gives him a pass for that reason. This is wrong. Very wrong. Tedd Bundy was on his way to being a brilliant lawyer. In fact, he was voted president of his law class at one point. Yet, he was one of the most evil serial killers of our time. Just because a person is intelligent, articulate, from wealth and/or in a respectable profession does not give them a 'pass' to commit crime.

My ex-doctor knew he was committing a crime when he stole my organs. I did not consent for my organs to be removed. In fact, I refused to sign the consent form because Mercy Hospital had me down for the wrong surgery. We must, as a society, begin holding doctors (and hospitals) accountable for such heinous actions and deeds.

I want to see legislation passed that would require any doctor who recommends hysterectomy to have to tell women the 'truth' about hysterectomy and the life-long consequences. However, I would also like to see doctors who commit assault and battery criminally prosecuted by the state and at the state's expense. The victim should not have to pay this expense.

I am disabled and unable to work now due to a surgery performed on me that I did not need and did not consent to. Yet, the 'civil' system is my only recourse it seems... My case clearly belongs in the criminal system. I no longer have the means to take care of myself, pay for hormone replacement therapy, etc. Yet, my ex-doctor continues on in his lavish lifestyle as if he's done nothing wrong. I honestly don't know how the man looks himself in the mirror each day.

It is my goal and hope to stay healthy enough to at least continue to share my story with others and continue warning women about the devastating consequences of this irreversible surgery called hysterectomy. I hope to see legislation passed in the near future and I would also like to see doctors who perform surgery without the patients consent held criminally liable.

No comments:

Post a Comment